Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 15 > Article 11
- advisory committee: refers to the Indiana hemp advisory committee established by section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 15-11-15-1
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- Agency: means an authority, a board, a branch, a bureau, a commission, a committee, a council, a department, a division, an office, a service, or other instrumentality of the executive, including the administrative, department of state government. See Indiana Code 4-2-6-1
- aquaculture: means a form of agriculture that is the controlled cultivation and harvest of aquatic plants and animals. See Indiana Code 15-11-7-1
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Business relationship: includes the following:
Indiana Code 4-2-6-1
- commission: refers to the Indiana grown commission established by section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 15-11-12-1
- Commission: refers to the state ethics commission created under section 2 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-2-6-1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- diversified farming: means new, emerging, and small scale agricultural markets, including alternative and niche agricultural markets. See Indiana Code 15-11-7-1.3
- Employee: means an individual, other than a state officer, who is employed by an agency on a full-time, a part-time, a temporary, an intermittent, or an hourly basis. See Indiana Code 4-2-6-1
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- fund: refers to the livestock industry promotion and development fund established by section 4(a) of this chapter. See Indiana Code 15-11-5-2
- hemp: has the meaning set forth in IC 15-15-13-6. See Indiana Code 15-11-15-2
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- livestock: includes the following:
Indiana Code 15-11-5-1
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any individual, proprietorship, partnership, unincorporated association, trust, business trust, group, limited liability company, or corporation, whether or not operated for profit, or a governmental agency or political subdivision. See Indiana Code 4-2-6-1
- program: refers to the Indiana grown initiative program established by section 8 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 15-11-12-2
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Sheriff: means the sheriff of the county or another person authorized to perform sheriff's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Special state appointee: means a person who is:
Indiana Code 4-2-6-1
- specialty crop: means any fruit, vegetable, tree nut, dried fruit, and nursery crop, including floriculture. See Indiana Code 15-11-7-1.6
- State officer: means any of the following:
Indiana Code 4-2-6-1
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5