Producer members of the commission shall be nominated and elected by producers within the district that such producer members represent in the year in which a commission member’s term shall expire. Such producer members receiving the largest number of the votes cast in the respective districts which they represent shall be elected. The election shall be by secret mail ballot and under the supervision of the department.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 25-3107
- Commission: means the Idaho dairy products commission;
(2) To "ship" means to deliver or consign milk or cream to a person dealing in, processing, distributing, or manufacturing dairy products for sale, for human or animal consumption, industrial or medicinal uses;
(3) "Dealer" means one who handles, ships, buys, processes, and sells dairy products, or who acts as sales or purchasing agent, broker, or factor of dairy products;
(4) "Producer" means a person who produces milk from cows and sells it for human or animal food, or medicinal or industrial uses;
(5) "Producer-handler" means any person who produces milk or milk fat and uses such production, or any part of it, for processing. See Idaho Code 25-3103
Department: means the Idaho state department of agriculture;
(7) "Person" means and includes individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts, associations, cooperatives and any and all other business units, devices and arrangements. See Idaho Code 25-3103
Nomination for candidates to be elected to the commission shall be conducted by a nominating committee consisting of at least one (1) Idaho dairy products commission board member from each district. A commissioner who is up for reelection shall not serve on the committee. Thirty (30) days prior to the date of election, the nominating committee will present at least one (1) and not more than three (3) qualified names per district to be placed on the ballot. In addition thereto, producer members of the commission may be nominated by a petition of nomination signed by not less than ten (10) active producers, each of whom shall reside in the district wherein the nominee resides, and the names of all such nominees nominated by petition shall be presented to the department not later than May 1 of the year in which the election for such district is to be held.
Ballots for electing members to the commission will be mailed by the commission to all eligible producers no later than May 15 in districts where elections are to be held and such ballots to be valid shall be returned postmarked no later than May 31 of the year mailed to the department.
All costs and expenses of the department shall be paid by the commission. All materials and other necessary supplies shall be provided to the department at its request.