As used in this chapter:
(1) “Articles of incorporation” means the original articles of incorporation, all amendments thereof, and any other documents permitted or required to be filed by a domestic business corporation with the secretary of state under any provision of this chapter. If an amendment of the articles or any document filed under this chapter restates the articles in their entirety, thenceforth the “articles” shall not include any prior documents.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 30-29-140
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land. State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(2) “Authorized shares” means the shares of all classes a domestic or foreign corporation is authorized to issue.
(3) “Conspicuous” means so written that a reasonable person against whom the writing is to operate should have noticed it. For example, printing in italics or boldface or contrasting color, or typing in capitals or underlined, is conspicuous.
(4) “Corporation,” “domestic corporation” or “domestic business corporation” means a corporation for profit that is not a foreign corporation, incorporated under or subject to the provisions of this chapter.
(5) “Distribution” means a direct or indirect transfer of money or other property, except its own shares, or incurrence of indebtedness by a corporation to or for the benefit of its shareholders in respect of any of its shares. A distribution may be in the form of a declaration or payment of a dividend; a purchase, redemption, or other acquisition of shares; a distribution of indebtedness; or otherwise.
(6) “Domestic unincorporated entity” means an unincorporated entity whose internal affairs are governed by the laws of this state.
(7) “Electronic transmission” or “electronically transmitted” means any process of communication not directly involving the physical transfer of paper that is suitable for the retention, retrieval and reproduction in written form of information by the recipient.
(8) “Eligible entity” means a domestic or foreign unincorporated entity or a domestic or foreign nonprofit corporation.
(9) “Eligible interests” means interests or memberships.
(10) “Employee” includes an officer but not a director. A director may accept duties that make him also an employee.
(11) The phrase “facts objectively ascertainable outside the plan or filed document” is as set forth in section 30-29-120(2), Idaho Code.
(12) “Foreign corporation” means a corporation incorporated under a law other than the law of this state which would be a business corporation if incorporated under the laws of this state.
(13) “Foreign nonprofit corporation” means a corporation incorporated under a law other than the law of this state, which would be a nonprofit corporation if incorporated under the laws of this state.
(14) “Foreign unincorporated entity” means an unincorporated entity whose internal affairs are governed by an organic law of a jurisdiction other than this state.
(15) “Governmental subdivision” includes authority, county, district and municipality.
(16) “Membership” means the right of a member in a domestic or foreign nonprofit corporation.
(17) “Notice” is defined in section 30-29-141, Idaho Code.
(18) “Organic document” means a public organic document or a private organic document.
(19) “Owner liability” means personal liability for a debt, obligation or liability of a domestic or foreign business or nonprofit corporation or unincorporated entity that is imposed on a person:
(a) Solely by reason of the person’s status as a shareholder, member or interest holder; or
(b) By the articles of incorporation, bylaws or an organic document under a provision of the organic law of an entity authorizing the articles of incorporation, bylaws or an organic document to make one (1) or more specified shareholders, members or interest holders liable in their capacity as shareholders, members or interest holders for all or specified debts, obligations or liabilities of the entity.
(20) “Record date” means the date established under part 6 or 7 of this chapter on which a corporation determines the identity of its shareholders and their shareholdings for purposes of this chapter. The determinations shall be made as of the close of business on the record date unless another time for doing so is specified when the record date is fixed.
(21) “Secretary” means the corporate officer to whom the board of directors has delegated responsibility under section 30-29-840(3), Idaho Code, for custody of the minutes of the meetings of the board of directors and of the shareholders and for authenticating records of the corporation.
(22) “Shareholder” means the person in whose name shares are registered in the records of a corporation or the beneficial owner of shares to the extent of the rights granted by a nominee certificate on file with a corporation.
(23) “Shares” means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided.
(24) “Subscriber” means a person who subscribes for shares in a corporation, whether before or after incorporation.
(25) “Treasury shares” means shares of a corporation which have been issued, have been subsequently acquired by and belong to the corporation, and have not, either by reason of the acquisition or thereafter, been canceled or restored to the status of authorized but unissued shares. Treasury shares shall be deemed to be “issued” shares, but not “outstanding” shares.
(26) “Unincorporated entity” means an organization or artificial legal person that either has a separate legal existence or has the power to acquire an estate in real property in its own name and that is not any of the following: a domestic or foreign business or nonprofit corporation, an estate, a trust, a state, the United States, or a foreign government. The term includes, without limitation, a general partnership, limited liability company, limited partnership, business trust, joint stock association and incorporated nonprofit association.
(27) “United States” includes district, authority, bureau, commission, department and any other agency of the United States.
(28) “Voting group” means all shares of one (1) or more classes or series that under the articles of incorporation or this chapter are entitled to vote and be counted together collectively on a matter at a meeting of shareholders. All shares entitled by the articles of incorporation or this chapter to vote generally on the matter are for that purpose a single voting group.
(29) “Voting power” means the current power to vote in the election of directors.