(1) Except as authorized in this chapter, it is unlawful for any person to manufacture or deliver, or possess with the intent to manufacture or deliver, a controlled substance as defined in schedules I, II, III and IV in this chapter, upon the same premises where a child under the age of eighteen (18) years is present.
(2) As used in this section, “premises” means any:
(a) Motor vehicle or vessel;
(b) Dwelling or rental unit including, but not limited to, apartment, townhouse, condominium, mobile home, manufactured home, motel room or hotel room;
(c) Dwelling house, its curtilage and any other outbuildings.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 37-2737A
- Controlled substance: means a drug, substance or immediate precursor in schedules I through VI of article II of this chapter. See Idaho Code 37-2701
- conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Manufacture: means the production, preparation, propagation, compounding, conversion or processing of a controlled substance, and includes extraction, directly or indirectly, from substances of natural origin, or independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis, and includes any packaging or repackaging of the substance or labeling or relabeling of its container, except that this term does not include the preparation or compounding of a controlled substance:
Idaho Code 37-2701
Person: means individual, corporation, government, or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Idaho Code 37-2701
(3) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, a person who violates the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a felony and upon conviction may be imprisoned for a term not to exceed five (5) years, fined not more than five thousand dollars ($5,000), or be both so imprisoned and fined.
(4) A person who violates the provisions of this section by manufacturing or delivering, or possessing with the intent to manufacture or deliver, methamphetamine or amphetamine in quantities as specified in section 37-2732B(a)(4), Idaho Code, shall be guilty of a felony and upon conviction may be imprisoned for a term of up to ten (10) years, fined not more than twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000), or be both so imprisoned and fined.
(5) Any fine imposed under the provisions of this section shall be in addition to the fine imposed for any other offense, and any term of imprisonment shall be consecutive to any term imposed for any other offense, regardless of whether the violation of the provisions of this section and any of the other offenses have arisen from the same act or transaction.