With respect to property ordered forfeited under this chapter, the attorney general or appropriate prosecuting attorney is authorized to:
(1) Restore forfeited property to victims of a violation of this chapter, or take any other action to protect the rights of innocent persons which is in the interest of justice and which is not inconsistent with the provisions of this chapter;
Terms Used In Idaho Code 37-2810
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114
(2) Compromise claims arising under this chapter;
(3) Award compensation to persons providing information resulting in a forfeiture under this chapter; and
(4) Take appropriate measures necessary to safeguard and maintain property ordered forfeited under this chapter pending its disposition.