For purposes of this chapter the following definitions will apply:
(a) "Hospital" means a facility which:
(1) Is primarily engaged in providing, by or under the supervision of physicians,
(a) concentrated medical and nursing care on a twenty-four (24) hour basis to inpatients experiencing acute illness; and
(b) diagnostic and therapeutic services for medical diagnosis and treatment, psychiatric diagnosis and treatment, and care of injured, disabled, or sick persons; and
(c) rehabilitation services for injured, disabled, or sick persons; and
(d) obstetrical care.
(2) Provides for care of two (2) or more individuals for twenty-four (24) or more consecutive hours.
(3) Is staffed to provide professional nursing care on a twenty-four (24) hour basis.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 39-1301
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(b) "Nursing facility" (nursing home) means a facility whose design and function shall provide area, space and equipment to meet the health needs of two (2) or more individuals who, at a minimum, require inpatient care and services for twenty-four (24) or more consecutive hours for unstable chronic health problems requiring daily professional nursing supervision and licensed nursing care on a twenty-four (24) hour basis, restorative, rehabilitative care, and assistance in meeting daily living needs. Medical supervision is necessary on a regular, but not daily, basis.
(c) "Intermediate care facility for people with intellectual disabilities (ICF/ID)" means a nonnursing home facility, designed and operated to meet the unique educational, training, habilitative and medical needs of the developmentally disabled through the provision of active treatment.
(d) "Person" means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, company, association, or joint stock association, and the legal successor thereof.
(e) "Government unit" means the state, or any county, municipality, or other political subdivision, or any department, division, board or other agency thereof.
(f) "Licensing agency" means the department of health and welfare.
(g) "Board" means the board of health and welfare.
(h) "Physician" means an individual licensed to practice medicine and surgery by the Idaho state board of medicine or the Idaho state board of podiatry.
(i) "Authorized provider" means an individual who is a nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist, licensed to practice in Idaho in accordance with the Idaho nurse practice act; or a physician’s assistant, licensed by the Idaho state board of medicine.
(j) "Hospice house" means a facility that is owned and operated by a medicare certified hospice agency for the purpose of providing inpatient hospice services consistent with 42 CFR 418.110.