For the purpose of ascertaining compliance with law, and in addition to any right of examination otherwise provided, the director may as often as he deems advisable examine the accounts, records, documents, and transactions, pertaining to or affecting its insurance affairs or proposed insurance affairs, of: (1) any insurance agent, broker, solicitor, consultant, surplus line broker, general agent, or adjuster.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 41-220
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Insurer: shall mean any insurance company contemplated by title 41, Idaho Code, any business operating as a self-insured for any purpose, the state insurance fund, and any self-insured as contemplated by title 72, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 41-291
- Person: means a natural person, company, corporation, unincorporated association, partnership, professional corporation and any other legal entity. See Idaho Code 41-291
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
(2) Any person(s) having a contract under which he enjoys in fact the exclusive or dominant right to manage or control an insurer.
(3) Any person holding the shares of voting stock or policyholder proxies of a domestic insurer, for the purpose of controlling the management thereof, as voting trustee or otherwise.
(4) Any person engaged in this state in, or proposing to be engaged in this state in, or holding himself out in this state as so engaging or proposing, or in this state assisting in, the promotion or formation of an insurer or insurance holding corporation, or corporation to finance an insurer or the production of its business.