(1) Prior to issuing any written opinion pursuant to section 48-1504, Idaho Code, the attorney general may conduct one (1) or more public meetings, one (1) of which, if held, shall be held in the county where the nonprofit hospital’s assets to be transferred are located.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 48-1505
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
(2) If a party to the intended nonprofit hospital conversion transaction requests the hearing be conducted by a hearing officer outside the attorney general’s office, a hearing officer, mutually agreed upon by the parties to the conversion transaction and the attorney general, shall be selected.
(3) At the public meeting, the attorney general or hearing officer shall hear comments from interested persons desiring to make statements regarding the proposed nonprofit hospital conversion transaction.
(4) The attorney general shall cause timely written notice to be provided regarding the time and place of the meeting through publication in one (1) or more newspapers of general circulation in the affected community, to the county board of supervisors, and if applicable, to the city council of the city where the nonprofit hospital’s assets to be transferred are located.
(5) If a hearing officer is used, the parties to the nonprofit hospital conversion transaction shall pay the costs of the hearing officer.