As used in this chapter, the terms defined in this section shall have the following meaning, unless the context clearly indicates another meaning:
(1) "Acceptable school of chiropractic" means any school of chiropractic that meets the standards or requirements of a national chiropractic school accrediting organization acceptable to the board or that has status as a candidate for accreditation before such organization.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 54-703
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(2) "Board" means the state board of chiropractic physicians.
(3) "License to practice chiropractic" means a license issued by the board to a person who has graduated from an acceptable school of chiropractic and who has fulfilled the licensure requirements of this chapter.
(4) "Person" means a natural person.
(5) "Physician" means any person who holds a license to practice chiropractic; provided further, that others authorized by law to use the term "physician" shall not be considered physicians for the purpose of this chapter.
(6) The "practice of chiropractic" means:
(a) To investigate, examine, and diagnose for any human disease, ailment, injury, infirmity, deformity, or other condition; and
(b) To apply principles or techniques of chiropractic practice as set forth in section 54-704, Idaho Code, in the prevention or treatment of any of the conditions listed in paragraph (a) of this subsection; or
(c) To offer, undertake, attempt to do or hold oneself out as able to do any of the acts prescribed in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this subsection.