(1) There is hereby established in the department of self-governing agencies a state board of chiropractic physicians to be composed of five (5) members. The members of the board shall be appointed by the governor for a term of three (3) years. The governor may consider recommendations for appointment to the board from any chiropractic association or any individual residing in this state. No person may be appointed for more than two (2) consecutive terms.
(2) The board shall consist of four (4) physicians who are licensed to practice chiropractic in this state, and each of whom shall have been engaged continuously in the practice of chiropractic within the state of Idaho for a period of not less than three (3) years prior to his appointment.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 54-706
- Board: means the state board of chiropractic physicians. See Idaho Code 54-703
- Person: means a natural person. See Idaho Code 54-703
- Physician: means any person who holds a license to practice chiropractic; provided further, that others authorized by law to use the term "physician" shall not be considered physicians for the purpose of this chapter. See Idaho Code 54-703
- practice of chiropractic: means :
Idaho Code 54-703
Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business. State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(3) The governor shall appoint a representative of the public as one (1) member of the board who shall be designated as the public member. The public member of the board shall be a resident of the state of Idaho who has attained the age of twenty-one (21) years, and shall not be nor shall ever have been a physician, the spouse of a physician, a person licensed under the laws of any state to practice a healing art, or a person who has or has had a material financial interest in providing health care services.
(4) The board shall elect a chairman from its membership. The members of the board, except for state employees, shall be compensated as provided by section 59-509(n), Idaho Code. Three (3) members of the board shall constitute a quorum, and the board may act by virtue of a majority vote of members present at a meeting.
(5) The members of the board serve at the pleasure of the governor.