Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 22 > Chapter 36
- Apples: as used in this chapter means Idaho apples. See Idaho Code 22-3601
- Commission: means the Idaho apple commission. See Idaho Code 22-3603
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Dealer: means any person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative or other business units and devices who first handles, packs, ships, buys or sells apples, or who acts as sales or purchasing agent, broker or factor of apples. See Idaho Code 22-3603
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Grower: means any landowner personally engaged in growing apples, a tenant personally engaged in growing apples, or both the owner and the tenant jointly, and includes a person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative organization, trust, sharecropper, or any and all other business units, devices and arrangements, that grow apples. See Idaho Code 22-3603
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Person: means any partnership, association, corporation, cooperative or other business units or devices. See Idaho Code 22-3603 Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government. State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114