A. The Apple Board may:
Terms Used In Virginia Code 3.2-1204
- Board: means the Board of Agriculture and Consumer Services. See Virginia Code 3.2-100
- Commissioner: means the Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services. See Virginia Code 3.2-100
- State: when applied to a part of the United States, includes any of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the United States Virgin Islands. See Virginia Code 1-245
1. Administer, manage and make expenditures from the Apple Fund;
2. Plan and conduct campaigns of research, education, publicity, and industry development for the purpose of enhancing the viability and profitability of the Virginia apple industry;
3. Make contracts to accomplish the purposes of this chapter;
4. Cooperate with other state, regional, national, and international organizations in research concerning education on promotion of apples, and expend moneys of the Apple Fund for such purposes;
5. Establish committees of the Apple Board to address horticultural and such other issues as the Apple Board deems pertinent to the Virginia apple industry; and
6. Do whatever else may be necessary to effectuate the purposes of this chapter.
B. The chairman shall make a report at least annually, furnishing Apple Board members with a statement of total receipts and disbursements of the Apple Board for the year. The chairman shall annually file with the Commissioner a copy of the report and audit that is required under the Apple Fund.