Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 39 > Chapter 57
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Business: means any company, partnership, firm, sole proprietorship, association, corporation, organization, or other legal entity, or a representative of the foregoing entities. See Idaho Code 39-5702
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Delivery sale: means to distribute tobacco products or electronic cigarettes to a consumer in a state where either: (a) the individual submits the order for such sale by means of a telephonic or other method of voice transmission, data transfer via computer networks, including the internet and other online services, or facsimile, or the mails; or (b) the tobacco products or electronic cigarettes are delivered by use of the mails or a delivery service. See Idaho Code 39-5702
- Delivery service: means any person who is engaged in the commercial delivery of letters, packages or other containers. See Idaho Code 39-5702
- Department: means the state department of health and welfare or its duly authorized representative. See Idaho Code 39-5702
- Distribute: means to give, deliver, sell, offer to give, offer to deliver, offer to sell or cause any person to do the same or hire any person to do the same. See Idaho Code 39-5702
- Electronic cigarette: includes the components of an electronic cigarette including, but not limited to, liquid nicotine. See Idaho Code 39-5702
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Minor: means a person under eighteen (18) years of age. See Idaho Code 39-5702
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Idaho Code 73-114
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Permit: means a permit issued by the department for the sale or distribution of tobacco products. See Idaho Code 39-5702
- Permittee: means the holder of a valid permit for the sale or distribution of tobacco products. See Idaho Code 39-5702
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Photographic identification: means state, district, territorial, possession, provincial, national or other equivalent government driver’s license, identification card or military card, in all cases bearing a photograph and a date of birth, or a valid passport. See Idaho Code 39-5702 Random unannounced inspection: means an inspection of retail outlets by a law enforcement agency or by the department, with or without the assistance of a minor, to monitor compliance of this chapter. See Idaho Code 39-5702 Seller: means the person who physically sells or distributes tobacco products or electronic cigarettes. See Idaho Code 39-5702 State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114 Tobacco product: means any substance that contains tobacco including, but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, pipes, snuff, smoking tobacco, tobacco papers or smokeless tobacco. See Idaho Code 39-5702 Vending machine: means any mechanical, electronic or other similar device which, upon the insertion of tokens, money or any other form of payment, dispenses tobacco products or electronic cigarettes. See Idaho Code 39-5702 Vendor assisted sales: means any sale or distribution in which the customer has no access to the product except through the assistance of the seller. See Idaho Code 39-5702 Without a permit: means a business that has failed to obtain a permit or a business whose permit is suspended or revoked. See Idaho Code 39-5702