Idaho Code > Title 54 > Chapter 56 – Genetic Counselors
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 54 > Chapter 56 - Genetic Counselors
- ABGC: means the American board of genetic counseling, inc. See Idaho Code 54-5602
- ABMG: means the American board of medical genetics, its successor or equivalent. See Idaho Code 54-5602
- ACS: means active candidate status conferred by the American board of genetic counseling. See Idaho Code 54-5602
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Board: means the genetic counselors licensing board. See Idaho Code 54-5602
- Certification: means the voluntary process by which a nongovernmental agency grants recognition and use of a credential to individuals who have met predetermined and standardized criteria. See Idaho Code 54-5602
- Code of ethics: means the current code of ethics adopted by the board. See Idaho Code 54-5602
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Division: means the division of occupational and professional licenses. See Idaho Code 54-5602
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Genetic counseling: means performing acts of a genetic counselor as described in section 54-5603, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 54-5602
- Genetic counselor: means an individual who is licensed under this chapter to engage in the practice of genetic counseling. See Idaho Code 54-5602
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Licensed physician: means a person holding a license issued under chapter 18, title 54, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 54-5602
- NSGC: means the national society of genetic counselors, its successor or equivalent. See Idaho Code 54-5602
- Person: means an individual and does not mean an association of individuals or a legal entity. See Idaho Code 54-5602
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.