Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 45 ILCS 155 - Midwestern Higher Education Compact Act
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.