Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 45 ILCS 155 - Midwestern Higher Education Compact Act
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.