|§ 3362||Distance education grants for insular areas|
|§ 3363||Resident instruction grants for insular areas|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 7 > Chapter 64 > Subchapter XIV
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Deposition: An oral statement made before an officer authorized by law to administer oaths. Such statements are often taken to examine potential witnesses, to obtain discovery, or to be used later in trial.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- extension: means the informal education programs conducted in the States in cooperation with the Department of Agriculture. See 10 USC 7482
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- food and agricultural sciences: means basic, applied, and developmental research, extension, and teaching activities in food and fiber, agricultural, renewable energy and natural resources, forestry, and physical and social sciences, including activities relating to the following:
(A) Animal health, production, and well-being. See 10 USC 7482
- Forgery: The fraudulent signing or alteration of another's name to an instrument such as a deed, mortgage, or check. The intent of the forgery is to deceive or defraud. Source: OCC
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See 19 USC 2297
- insular area: means --
(A) the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See 10 USC 7482
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See 19 USC 2291
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Agriculture of the United States. See 10 USC 7482
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- State: means --
(A) a State. See 10 USC 7482
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.