|§ 3362||Distance education grants for insular areas|
|§ 3363||Resident instruction grants for insular areas|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 7 > Chapter 64 > Subchapter XIV
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- extension: means the informal education programs conducted in the States in cooperation with the Department of Agriculture. See 19 USC 508
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- food and agricultural sciences: means basic, applied, and developmental research, extension, and teaching activities in food and fiber, agricultural, renewable energy and natural resources, forestry, and physical and social sciences, including activities relating to the following:
(A) Animal health, production, and well-being. See 19 USC 508
- insular area: means --
(A) the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See 19 USC 508
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Agriculture of the United States. See 19 USC 508
- State: means --
(A) a State. See 19 USC 508