|§ 1||Short title|
|§ 5||Interstate Compact for Adult Offender Supervision|
|§ 115||The Unified Code of Corrections is amended by repealing Section …|
|§ 999||Effective date|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 45 ILCS 170
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Circuit clerk: means clerk of the circuit court. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.26
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Petty offense: A federal misdemeanor punishable by six months or less in prison. Source: U.S. Courts
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.