|§ 29A-1||A person commits commercial bribery when he confers, or offers or …|
|§ 29A-2||An employee, agent or fiduciary commits commercial bribe receiving …|
|§ 29A-4||Corporate Crime Fund|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 720 ILCS 5 > Title III > Part D > Article 29A
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- artificially made or reclaimed land: as used in this Division 123, includes all land which formerly was submerged under the public waters of the state, the title to which is in the state, and which has been artificially made or reclaimed in whole or in part contrary to law. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 720 ILCS 5/28-8
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Heretofore: means any time previous to the day on which the statute takes effect; and the word "hereafter" at any time after such day. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.17
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Municipalities: has the meaning established in Section 1 of Article VII of the Constitution of the State of Illinois of 1970. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.27
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- State: when applied to different parts of the United States, may be construed to include the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14
- utility: as used in this Division 123 means and includes: (1) harbors, canals, slips, wharves, docks, levees, piers, quay walls, breakwaters, and all appropriate harbor structures, facilities, connections, and improvements; and (2) such elevators, vaults, warehouses, including cold storage warehouses which may be acquired, owned, maintained, or operated in connection therewith, as necessary adjuncts or incidental to transportation or railroad terminals; and (3) all other necessary or appropriate terminal facilities. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 720 ILCS 5/28-8