Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 755 ILCS 35 - Illinois Living Will Act
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Intestate: Dying without leaving a will.
- Judgement: The official decision of a court finally determining the respective rights and claims of the parties to a suit.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.