Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 755 ILCS 35 - Illinois Living Will Act
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Intestate: Dying without leaving a will.
- Judgement: The official decision of a court finally determining the respective rights and claims of the parties to a suit.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Petty offense: A federal misdemeanor punishable by six months or less in prison. Source: U.S. Courts