|§ 1||All deeds, mortgages, or other instruments in writing, relating to or …|
|§ 1.1||Short title|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 765 ILCS 25
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Grantor: The person who establishes a trust and places property into it.
- Heretofore: means any time previous to the day on which the statute takes effect; and the word "hereafter" at any time after such day. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.17
- Mortgagor: The person who pledges property to a creditor as collateral for a loan and who receives the money.
- State: when applied to different parts of the United States, may be construed to include the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14