(1) An individual (other than an individual who is an employee or a contractor of a hospital, a facility, or an agency described in subdivision (2) or (3)) who is licensed, registered, or certified as a health care professional, including the following:
(A) A physician.
(B) A psychotherapist.
(C) A dentist.
(D) A registered nurse.
(E) A licensed practical nurse.
(F) An optometrist.
(G) A podiatrist.
(H) A chiropractor.
(I) A physical therapist.
(J) A psychologist.
(K) An audiologist.
(L) A speech-language pathologist.
(M) A dietitian.
(N) An occupational therapist.
(O) A respiratory therapist.
(P) A pharmacist.
(Q) A sexual assault nurse examiner.
(3) A health facility licensed under IC 16-28-2.
(4) A home health agency licensed under IC 16-27-1.
(5) An employer of a certified emergency medical technician, a certified advanced emergency medical technician, or a licensed paramedic.
(6) The state department or a local health department or an employee, agent, designee, or contractor of the state department or local health department.
[Pre-1993 Recodification Citations: 16-1-10.5-7; 16-4-8-1 part; 16-4-8-12(a); 16-10-6-6.]
As added by P.L.2-1993, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.188-1995, SEC.2; P.L.20-1998, SEC.1; P.L.231-1999, SEC.12; P.L.256-1999, SEC.10; P.L.205-2003, SEC.19; P.L.90-2005, SEC.2; P.L.41-2007, SEC.4; P.L.6-2012, SEC.112; P.L.77-2012, SEC.13; P.L.141-2012, SEC.6; P.L.161-2014, SEC.4.