(1) Obtain or attempt to obtain a legend drug or procure or attempt to procure the administration of a legend drug by any of the following:
Terms Used In Indiana Code 16-42-19-16
- drug: means the following:
Indiana Code 16-42-19-2
- drug order: means an order that meets the following conditions:
Indiana Code 16-42-19-3
- Forgery: The fraudulent signing or alteration of another's name to an instrument such as a deed, mortgage, or check. The intent of the forgery is to deceive or defraud. Source: OCC
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- prescription: means :
Indiana Code 16-42-19-7
- wholesaler: means a person engaged in the business of distributing legend drugs that the person has not produced or prepared to persons included in any of the classes named in section 21 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 16-42-19-10
(B) The forgery or alteration of a prescription, drug order, or written order.
(C) The concealment of a material fact.
(D) The use of a false name or the giving of a false address.
(2) Communicate information to a physician in an effort unlawfully to procure a legend drug or unlawfully to procure the administration of a legend drug. Such a communication is not considered a privileged communication.
(3) Intentionally make a false statement in a prescription, drug order, order, report, or record required by this chapter.
(4) For the purpose of obtaining a legend drug, falsely assume the title of or represent oneself to be a manufacturer, wholesaler, pharmacist, physician, dentist, veterinarian, or other person.
(5) Make or utter a false or forged prescription or false drug order or forged written order.
(6) Affix a false or forged label to a package or receptacle containing legend drugs. This subdivision does not apply to law enforcement agencies or their representatives while engaged in enforcing this chapter.
(7) Dispense a legend drug except as provided in this chapter.
[Pre-1993 Recodification Citation: 16-6-8-3(f).]
As added by P.L.2-1993, SEC.25. Amended by P.L.239-1999, SEC.3; P.L.48-2015, SEC.1.