Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 16 > Article 42 > Chapter 19
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- drug: means the following:
Indiana Code 16-42-19-2
- drug order: means an order that meets the following conditions:
Indiana Code 16-42-19-3
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Forgery: The fraudulent signing or alteration of another's name to an instrument such as a deed, mortgage, or check. The intent of the forgery is to deceive or defraud. Source: OCC
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- practitioner: means any of the following:
Indiana Code 16-42-19-5
- precursor: means a substance, other than a legend drug, that:
Indiana Code 16-42-19-6
- prescription: means :
Indiana Code 16-42-19-7
- sale: means every sale and includes the following:
Indiana Code 16-42-19-8
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- wholesaler: means a person engaged in the business of distributing legend drugs that the person has not produced or prepared to persons included in any of the classes named in section 21 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 16-42-19-10