(1) is a student who is enrolled in a course of study at an eligible institution that would enable the student, upon graduation, to teach in a state accredited school accredited under IC 20-31-4.1 in Indiana in:
Terms Used In Indiana Code 21-13-7-1
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
(B) a high-need field;
(2) will participate in student teaching as part of the student’s degree requirements;
(3) has earned a cumulative grade point average upon entering student teaching that:
(A) is required by an eligible institution for admission to the eligible institution’s school of education; or
(B) is at least a 2.0 on a 4.0 grading scale or its equivalent as determined by the eligible institution, if the eligible institution’s school of education does not require a certain minimum cumulative grade point average;
(4) agrees, in writing, to apply for a teaching position at an accredited school in Indiana following the student’s certification as a teacher, and, if hired, to teach for at least three (3) years; and
(5) meets any other minimum criteria established by the commission.
As added by P.L.205-2013, SEC.328. Amended by P.L.148-2016, SEC.10; P.L.92-2020, SEC.104.