(1) Messages from school districts to students, parents, or employees.
(2) Messages to subscribers with whom the caller has a current business or personal relationship.
(3) Messages advising employees of work schedules.
(b) A caller may not use or connect to a telephone line an automatic dialing-announcing device unless:
(1) the subscriber has knowingly or voluntarily requested, consented to, permitted, or authorized receipt of the message; or
(2) the message is immediately preceded by a live operator who obtains the subscriber’s consent before the message is delivered.
As added by P.L.151-1988, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.169-2015, SEC.165; P.L.216-2015, SEC.40.
Terms Used In Indiana Code 24-5-14-5
- automatic dialing-announcing device: means a device that:
Indiana Code 24-5-14-1
- caller: means an individual, corporation, limited liability company, partnership, unincorporated association, or the entity that attempts to contact, or contacts, a subscriber in Indiana by using a telephone or telephone line. See Indiana Code 24-5-14-2
- subscriber: means :
Indiana Code 24-5-14-4