(1) if the county in which a criminal proceeding was filed adopts an ordinance under IC 36-2-13-15; and
Terms Used In Indiana Code 35-50-5-4
- Clerk: means the clerk of the court or a person authorized to perform the clerk's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
(b) At the time the court imposes a sentence, the court may order the person to execute a reimbursement plan as directed by the court and make repayments under the plan to the county for the costs described in IC 36-2-13-15.
(c) The court shall fix an amount under this section that:
(1) may not exceed an amount the person can or will be able to pay;
(2) does not harm the person’s ability to reasonably be self-supporting or to reasonably support any dependent of the person; and
(3) takes into consideration and gives priority to any other restitution, reparation, repayment, costs (including fees), fine, or child support obligations the person is required to pay.
(d) When an order is issued under this section, the issuing court shall send a certified copy of the order to the clerk of the circuit court in the county where the felony or misdemeanor charge was filed. Upon receiving the order, the clerk shall enter and index the order in the circuit court judgment docket in the manner prescribed by IC 33-32-3-2.
(e) An order under this section is not discharged:
(1) by the completion of a sentence imposed for a felony or misdemeanor; or
As added by P.L.123-1998, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.1-1999, SEC.79; P.L.2-2002, SEC.106; P.L.98-2004, SEC.158; P.L.106-2010, SEC.17.