Sec. 10. (a) A:
(1) volunteer firefighter, a member of the emergency medical services personnel, or an emergency medical technician working in a volunteer capacity for a volunteer fire department or ambulance company is covered; and
(2) volunteer working for a hazardous materials response team may be covered;
Terms Used In Indiana Code 36-8-12-10
- Emergency medical services personnel: means individuals certified by the emergency medical services commission established by Indiana Code 36-8-12-2
- Volunteer fire department: means a department or association organized for the purpose of answering fire alarms, extinguishing fires, and providing other emergency services, the majority of members of which receive no compensation or nominal compensation for their services. See Indiana Code 36-8-12-2
- Volunteer firefighter: means a firefighter:
Indiana Code 36-8-12-2
(c) This subsection applies to all units, including counties. All expenses incurred for premiums of the insurance allowed under this section may be paid from the unit’s general fund in the same manner as other expenses in the unit are paid.
[Pre-Local Government Recodification Citation: 19-1-40-1 part.]
As added by Acts 1981, P.L.309, SEC.64. Amended by P.L.198-1988, SEC.1; P.L.3-1989, SEC.230; P.L.172-1990, SEC.2; P.L.72-1992, SEC.5; P.L.1-1999, SEC.95; P.L.174-2009, SEC.6.