Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 36 > Article 8
- Judgement that a criminal defendant has not been proved guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
- A verdict of "not guilty."
- Adjourn: A motion to adjourn a legislative chamber or a committee, if passed, ends that day's session.
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- affiliate: has the meaning set forth in IC 23-1-43-1. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-1
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Americans with Disabilities Act: refers to the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U. See Indiana Code 36-8-6-1.7
- Americans with Disabilities Act: refers to the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U. See Indiana Code 36-8-7-2.7
- Americans with Disabilities Act: refers to the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U. See Indiana Code 36-8-7.5-1.7
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- applicable fund: means the following:
Indiana Code 36-8-8.5-3
- appointing authority: means :
Indiana Code 36-8-4.7-2
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- armed forces: means the active and reserve components of the following:
Indiana Code 36-8-4.7-3
- Arraignment: A proceeding in which an individual who is accused of committing a crime is brought into court, told of the charges, and asked to plead guilty or not guilty.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Autism: means a neurological condition as described in the most recent edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders of the American Psychiatric Association. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- automatic location information: means information that is transmitted while enhanced 911 service is provided and that permits emergency service providers to identify the geographic location of the calling party. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-2
- automatic number identification: has the meaning set forth in 47 CFR 20. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-3
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Bailiff: a court officer who enforces the rules of behavior in courtrooms.
- Baseline: Projection of the receipts, outlays, and other budget amounts that would ensue in the future without any change in existing policy. Baseline projections are used to gauge the extent to which proposed legislation, if enacted into law, would alter current spending and revenue levels.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Board: refers to the sheriff's merit board established under this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-10-2
- Board: refers to the board of fire trustees of a fire protection district. See Indiana Code 36-8-11-2
- board: means the following:
Indiana Code 36-8-15-2
- board: refers to the statewide 911 board established by IC 36-8-16. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.6-1
- board: refers to the statewide 911 board established by section 24 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-4
- Clerk: means the clerk of the court or a person authorized to perform the clerk's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- CMRS: refers to commercial mobile radio service (as defined in 47 CFR 20. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-5
- Commission: refers to the merit commission for a merit system established under this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-3.5-2
- commission: refers to the fire prevention and building safety commission. See Indiana Code 36-8-17-1
- communications service: means any service that:
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-7
- communications system: means any system:
Indiana Code 36-8-15-3
- community fast responder: means a volunteer who may be summoned to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation, defibrillation, or other emergency services under the direction of a nonprofit corporation. See Indiana Code 36-8-23-1
- community fast responder nonprofit corporation: means a nonprofit corporation that organizes or directs community fast responders. See Indiana Code 36-8-23-2
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- computer: means computer hardware and computer software. See Indiana Code 36-8-15-4
- consumer: means a person that purchases prepaid wireless telecommunications service from a seller. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.6-2
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- customer: means :
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-8
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: refers to the police or fire department of a unit. See Indiana Code 36-8-3.5-2
- Department: refers to the sheriff's department of a county. See Indiana Code 36-8-10-2
- department: refers to the department of state revenue. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.6-3
- department: refers to :
Indiana Code 36-8-21.5-1
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- district: refers to the public communications systems and computer facilities district created by section 7 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-15-5
- division: refers to the division of fire and building safety. See Indiana Code 36-8-17-4
- division: means the division of fire and building safety established by IC 10-19-7-1. See Indiana Code 36-8-25-1
- DROP: means the deferred retirement option plan established by this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-8.5-4
- DROP entry date: means the date that a member's DROP election becomes effective. See Indiana Code 36-8-8.5-6
- DROP frozen benefit: means a member's monthly retirement benefit calculated under the provisions of the applicable fund and based on:
Indiana Code 36-8-8.5-7
- DROP retirement date: means the future retirement date selected by a member at the time the member makes a DROP election. See Indiana Code 36-8-8.5-8
- education board: refers to the board of firefighting personnel standards and education. See Indiana Code 36-8-10.5-2
- electronic funds transfer: has the meaning set forth in IC 4-8. See Indiana Code 36-8-8-1.5
- Eligible employee: means the sheriff of a county or a county police officer. See Indiana Code 36-8-10-2
- eligible telecommunications carrier: refers to a provider that is designated by the Indiana utility regulatory commission as an eligible telecommunications carrier for purposes of receiving Lifeline reimbursement from the universal service fund through the administrator designated by the Federal Communications Commission. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.6-3.5
- eligible telecommunications carrier: refers to a provider that is designated by the Indiana utility regulatory commission as an eligible telecommunications carrier for purposes of receiving Lifeline reimbursement from the universal service fund through the administrator designated by the Federal Communications Commission. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-8.7
- Emergency medical services personnel: means individuals certified by the emergency medical services commission established by IC 16-31-2-1 who:
Indiana Code 36-8-12-2
- Employee: means a person in the service of another person under a written or implied contract of hire or apprenticeship. See Indiana Code 36-8-12-2
- employee: means a full-time employee of a police or fire department. See Indiana Code 36-8-22-2
- Employee beneficiary: means an eligible employee who has completed an application to become an employee beneficiary and who has had the proper deductions made from the eligible employee's wages as required in the pension trust agreement. See Indiana Code 36-8-10-2
- employee organization: means an organization:
Indiana Code 36-8-22-3
- employee organization: means a union or other entity that works in whole or in part for the common interest of employees. See Indiana Code 36-8-22.5-1
- employer: means :
Indiana Code 36-8-8-2
- Employer: means :
Indiana Code 36-8-12-2
- employer: means a unit. See Indiana Code 36-8-22-4
- enhanced prepaid wireless charge: means the charge that a seller is required to collect from a consumer under section 12 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.6-4
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Essential employee: means an employee:
Indiana Code 36-8-12-2
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- exchange access facility: means the access from a particular service user's premises to a telephone system. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-10
- exclusive recognized representative: means an employee organization elected under section 9 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-22-5
- executive director: refers to the executive director of the board. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-11
- facility: has the meaning set forth in 327 IAC 2-6. See Indiana Code 36-8-12.2-1
- facility: means computers and communication systems or any necessary appurtenances and improvements thereto, including real and personal property required to house such facilities and all equipment, apparatus, devices, and instrumentalities required for the proper operation of the facility or facilities. See Indiana Code 36-8-15-6
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- fire company: means each organization or group doing duty as part of the fire department, including engine companies, hose companies, those in the telephone or telegraph service, inspectors, mechanics, watchmen, and others in charge of apparatus for extinguishing fires. See Indiana Code 36-8-7-2
- fire department: means a fire department established by a county, city, town, or township, including a fire protection district under IC 36-8-11 or a fire protection territory established under IC 36-8-19. See Indiana Code 36-8-2.2-3
- fire department: means a fire department that:
Indiana Code 36-8-12.2-2
- fire department: means a paid fire department or a volunteer fire department that renders fire prevention or fire protection services to a political subdivision. See Indiana Code 36-8-17-2
- fire department: has the meaning set forth in IC 36-8-17-2. See Indiana Code 36-8-17.5-1
- fire protection district: means a fire protection district established under IC 36-8-11-4. See Indiana Code 36-8-19-1.7
- fire safety law: means any law, including rules and orders of the commission, safeguarding life or property from the hazards of fire or explosion. See Indiana Code 36-8-17-3
- Fiscal officer: means a bonded employee of the fire protection district charged with the faithful receipt and disbursement of the funds of the district. See Indiana Code 36-8-11-2
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Freeholder: means an individual who holds land in fee, for life, or for some indeterminate period of time, whether or not in joint title. See Indiana Code 36-8-11-2
- full-time firefighter: means a full-time, fully paid firefighter employed by a political subdivision. See Indiana Code 36-8-10.5-3
- fund: refers to the statewide 911 fund established by IC 36-8-16. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.6-5
- fund: refers to the statewide 911 fund established by section 29 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-12
- Garnishment: Generally, garnishment is a court proceeding in which a creditor asks a court to order a third party who owes money to the debtor or otherwise holds assets belonging to the debtor to turn over to the creditor any of the debtor
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Grantor: The person who establishes a trust and places property into it.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- hazardous materials emergency: has the meaning set forth in IC 13-11-2-97. See Indiana Code 36-8-12.2-3
- Highway: includes county bridges and state and county roads, unless otherwise expressly provided. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Impeachment: (1) The process of calling something into question, as in "impeaching the testimony of a witness." (2) The constitutional process whereby the House of Representatives may "impeach" (accuse of misconduct) high officers of the federal government for trial in the Senate.
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- institute: means the Indiana criminal justice institute established under IC 5-2-6-3. See Indiana Code 36-8-19.5-2
- interconnected VOIP service: has the meaning set forth in 47 CFR 9. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-13
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- interview: means a mandatory discussion to determine facts surrounding a complaint or an internal investigation. See Indiana Code 36-8-2.1-2
- Joint tenancy: A form of property ownership in which two or more parties hold an undivided interest in the same property that was conveyed under the same instrument at the same time. A joint tenant can sell his (her) interest but not dispose of it by will. Upon the death of a joint tenant, his (her) undivided interest is distributed among the surviving joint tenants.
- Joint title: means joint tenancy, tenancy in common, or tenancy by the entireties. See Indiana Code 36-8-11-2
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lawsuit: A legal action started by a plaintiff against a defendant based on a complaint that the defendant failed to perform a legal duty, resulting in harm to the plaintiff.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- local board: means the following:
Indiana Code 36-8-8-2.1
- local exchange carrier: has the meaning set forth in 47 U. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-14
- medical record: means written or printed information possessed by a provider (as defined in IC 16-18-2-295) concerning any diagnosis, treatment, or prognosis of the patient, unless otherwise defined. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Mentally incompetent: means of unsound mind. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- mode of transportation: has the meaning set forth in 327 IAC 2-6. See Indiana Code 36-8-12.2-4
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- multiline telephone system: means a voice communications service system that includes the following:
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-15
- Nominal compensation: means annual compensation of not more than twenty thousand dollars ($20,000). See Indiana Code 36-8-12-2
- Oath: includes "affirmation" and "to swear" includes to "affirm". See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- participating unit: refers to a unit or fire protection district that adopts an ordinance or a resolution under section 6 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-19-2
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Pension engineers: means technical consultants qualified to supervise and assist in the establishment, maintenance, and operation of a pension trust on an actuarially sound basis. See Indiana Code 36-8-10-2
- Personal property: includes goods, chattels, evidences of debt, and things in action. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- place of primary use: means the street address representative of where a customer's use of communications service primarily occurs, which must be:
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-16
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- plan: refers to a siren coverage plan adopted by a county under section 13 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-21.5-3
- planned siren: refers to a siren that satisfies all of the following:
Indiana Code 36-8-21.5-5
- police department: means a police department established by:
Indiana Code 36-8-2.1-3
- Population: has the meaning set forth in IC 1-1-3. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- pre-planning inspection: means an inspection of a Class 1 structure (as defined in IC 22-12-1-4) in a place or public way performed by the fire department to determine firefighting strategies necessary to minimize the hazard to firefighters responding to any fire or explosion at the structure, including:
Indiana Code 36-8-17.5-2
- prepaid user: refers to a user of prepaid wireless telecommunications service who:
Indiana Code 36-8-16.6-6
- prepaid user: has the meaning set forth in IC 36-8-16. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-17
- prepaid wireless telecommunications service: means a prepaid wireless calling service (as defined in IC 6-2. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.6-7
- Primary county: refers to the county where the largest portion of a municipality is located if the municipality is located in two (2) counties. See Indiana Code 36-8-11-2
- Probate: Proving a will
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- proprietary information: includes the following:
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-18
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- provider: means a person or entity that offers prepaid wireless telecommunications service. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.6-8
- provider: means a person or entity, or an affiliate of a person or an entity, that:
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-19
- provider unit: refers to the participating unit that is responsible for providing the fire protection services within the territory. See Indiana Code 36-8-19-3
- PSAP: refers to a public safety answering point:
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-20
- public safety agency: means a state or local law enforcement agency or fire protection agency. See Indiana Code 36-8-25-2
- public safety telecommunicator: means an individual who:
Indiana Code 36-8-25-3
- Public servant: has the meaning set forth in IC 35-31. See Indiana Code 36-8-12-2
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- real property: include lands, tenements, and hereditaments. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- report: refers to a siren coverage report prepared by a county under section 11 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-21.5-6
- Responsible party: has the meaning set forth in IC 13-11-2-191(d). See Indiana Code 36-8-12-2
- responsible party: has the meaning set forth in IC 13-11-2-191(d). See Indiana Code 36-8-12.2-5
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- retail transaction: means the purchase of prepaid wireless telecommunications service from a seller for any purpose other than resale. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.6-9
- Secondary county: refers to the county where the smallest portion of a municipality is located if the municipality is located in two (2) counties. See Indiana Code 36-8-11-2
- seller: means a person that sells prepaid wireless telecommunications service to another person. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.6-10
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- severe weather: means :
Indiana Code 36-8-21.5-7
- Sheriff: means the sheriff of the county or another person authorized to perform sheriff's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- siren: means a siren that can be activated within a specified range to warn residents of an occurrence or imminent threat of severe weather. See Indiana Code 36-8-21.5-8
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- strike: means a:
Indiana Code 36-8-22-6
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- system board: refers to the board of trustees of the Indiana public retirement system established by IC 5-10. See Indiana Code 36-8-8-2.3
- T-CPR: means telephone cardiopulmonary resuscitation. See Indiana Code 36-8-25-4
- Tenancy in common: A type of property ownership in which two or more individuals have an undivided interest in property. At the death of one tenant in common, his (her) fractional percentage of ownership in the property passes to the decedent
- territory: refers to a fire protection territory established under this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-19-4
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Trust fund: means the assets of the pension trust and consists of voluntary contributions from the department, money paid from the wages of employee beneficiaries, and other payments or contributions made to the pension trust, including the income and proceeds derived from the investment of them. See Indiana Code 36-8-10-2
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Trustee: refers to the trustee of the pension trust, who may be one (1) or more corporate trustees or the treasurer of the county serving under bond. See Indiana Code 36-8-10-2
- unit: has the meaning set forth in IC 36-1-2-23. See Indiana Code 36-8-22.5-2
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Uphold: The decision of an appellate court not to reverse a lower court decision.
- user: refers to :
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-21
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
- Verified: when applied to pleadings, means supported by oath or affirmation in writing. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- veteran: means an individual who has served or is serving in the armed forces. See Indiana Code 36-8-4.7-4
- veteran: includes "Hoosier veteran" and applies to the construction of all Indiana statutes, unless the construction is expressly excluded by the terms of the statute, is plainly repugnant to the intent of the general assembly or of the context of the statute, or is inconsistent with federal law. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- VOIP provider: means a provider that offers interconnected VOIP service to users in Indiana. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-23
- volunteer fire department: has the meaning set forth in IC 36-8-12-2. See Indiana Code 36-8-10.5-4
- Volunteer fire department: means a department or association organized for the purpose of answering fire alarms, extinguishing fires, and providing other emergency services, the majority of members of which receive no compensation or nominal compensation for their services. See Indiana Code 36-8-12-2
- volunteer firefighter: has the meaning set forth in IC 36-8-12-2. See Indiana Code 36-8-10.5-5
- Volunteer firefighter: means a firefighter:
Indiana Code 36-8-12-2
- Volunteer member: means a member of a volunteer emergency medical services association connected with a unit as set forth in IC 16-31-5-1(6). See Indiana Code 36-8-12-2
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.
- written agreement: means a written agreement that:
Indiana Code 36-8-22.5-3
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5