Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 20 > Article 31 > Chapter 4.1 - Performance Based Accreditation
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- legal standards: means Indiana statutes and rules adopted by the state board that apply to each school for accreditation. See Indiana Code 20-31-4.1-1
- Population: has the meaning set forth in IC 1-1-3. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5