Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 28 > Article 15
- alternative mortgage loan: means a mortgage loan authorized by this chapter. See Indiana Code 28-15-11-2
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- association: refers to a savings association (as defined in Indiana Code 28-15-11-3
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- development agreement: means the written agreement or group of written agreements that:
Indiana Code 4-33-23-2
- development provider: means :
Indiana Code 4-33-23-3
- division: refers to the paid fantasy sports division established by section 11 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-33-24-4
- economic development payment: means monetary disbursement paid under a development agreement that is:
Indiana Code 4-33-23-4
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: A government corporation that insures the deposits of all national and state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Source: OCC
- Federal Reserve System: The central bank of the United States. The Fed, as it is commonly called, regulates the U.S. monetary and financial system. The Federal Reserve System is composed of a central governmental agency in Washington, D.C. (the Board of Governors) and twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks in major cities throughout the United States. Source: OCC
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- foreign savings association: means :
Indiana Code 28-15-10-1
- foreign savings association holding company: means a savings association holding company whose principal place of business is located outside Indiana. See Indiana Code 28-15-10-2
- GPM loan: means a mortgage loan under which:
Indiana Code 28-15-11-5
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Indiana savings association: means :
Indiana Code 28-15-10-3
- Indiana savings association holding company: means a savings association holding company whose principal place of business is located in Indiana. See Indiana Code 28-15-10-4
- Intangible property: Property that has no intrinsic value, but is merely the evidence of value such as stock certificates, bonds, and promissory notes.
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- loan documents: means the documents evidencing a loan transaction. See Indiana Code 28-15-11-6
- money cost index: means any of the following:
Indiana Code 28-15-11-7
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- mortgage loan: means :
Indiana Code 28-15-11-8
- National Bank: A bank that is subject to the supervision of the Comptroller of the Currency. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is a bureau of the U.S. Treasury Department. A national bank can be recognized because it must have "national" or "national association" in its name. Source: OCC
- paid fantasy sports game: means any fantasy or simulation sports game or contest that meets the following conditions:
Indiana Code 4-33-24-9
- person: means any association, corporation, limited liability company, fiduciary, individual, joint stock company, joint venture, partnership, sole proprietorship, or other private legal entity. See Indiana Code 4-33-24-10
- Probate: Proving a will
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- specified recipient: means a person that is named in a development agreement that:
Indiana Code 4-33-23-5
- standard mortgage loan: means a loan under which the principal and interest are paid in equal monthly installments for a period of not more than forty (40) years. See Indiana Code 28-15-11-11
- unspecified recipient: means a person that is not named in a development agreement that receives a disbursement of money from a specified recipient. See Indiana Code 4-33-23-6