|Chapter 1||Statutory Home Improvement Warranties|
|Chapter 2||New Home Construction Warranties|
|Chapter 3||Notice and Opportunity to Repair|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 32 > Article 27
- builder: means a person who constructs new homes for sale, including the construction of new homes on land owned by home buyers. See Indiana Code 32-27-2-6
- Counterclaim: A claim that a defendant makes against a plaintiff.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- home: means an attached or detached single family dwelling. See Indiana Code 32-27-1-3
- home buyer: means a purchaser of a new home. See Indiana Code 32-27-2-5
- home improvement: means any alteration, repair, or other modification of an existing home. See Indiana Code 32-27-1-4
- home improvement contract: means a written agreement between a remodeler and an owner to make a home improvement. See Indiana Code 32-27-1-5
- initial home buyer: means a person who executes a contract with a builder to buy a new home and who:
Indiana Code 32-27-2-2
- Lawsuit: A legal action started by a plaintiff against a defendant based on a complaint that the defendant failed to perform a legal duty, resulting in harm to the plaintiff.
- load bearing parts of the home: means the following:
Indiana Code 32-27-1-6
- new home: means a new dwelling occupied for the first time after construction. See Indiana Code 32-27-2-4
- owner: means a person who:
Indiana Code 32-27-1-8
- person: means an individual, a corporation, a limited liability company, a business trust, an estate, a trust, a partnership, an association, a cooperative, or other legal entity. See Indiana Code 32-27-1-9
- remodeler: means a person who contracts with an owner to alter, repair, or modify the owner's home. See Indiana Code 32-27-1-10
- Statute of limitations: A law that sets the time within which parties must take action to enforce their rights.
- warranty date: means the date by which all home improvements and work under the home improvement contract have been substantially completed so the owner can occupy and use the improvement in the manner contemplated by the home improvement contract. See Indiana Code 32-27-1-11
- warranty date: means the date of the first occupancy of the new home as a residence by one (1) of the following:
Indiana Code 32-27-2-7