Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 36 > Article 8 > Chapter 15
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- board: means the following:
Indiana Code 36-8-15-2
- communications system: means any system:
Indiana Code 36-8-15-3
- computer: means computer hardware and computer software. See Indiana Code 36-8-15-4
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- district: refers to the public communications systems and computer facilities district created by section 7 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-15-5
- facility: means computers and communication systems or any necessary appurtenances and improvements thereto, including real and personal property required to house such facilities and all equipment, apparatus, devices, and instrumentalities required for the proper operation of the facility or facilities. See Indiana Code 36-8-15-6
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Personal property: includes goods, chattels, evidences of debt, and things in action. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Population: has the meaning set forth in IC 1-1-3. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Sheriff: means the sheriff of the county or another person authorized to perform sheriff's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5