Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 36 > Article 8 > Chapter 16.7
- affiliate: has the meaning set forth in Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-1
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- automatic location information: means information that is transmitted while enhanced 911 service is provided and that permits emergency service providers to identify the geographic location of the calling party. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-2
- automatic number identification: has the meaning set forth in 47 CFR 20. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-3
- board: refers to the statewide 911 board established by section 24 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-4
- CMRS: refers to commercial mobile radio service (as defined in 47 CFR 20. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-5
- communications service: means any service that:
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-7
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- customer: means :
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-8
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- eligible telecommunications carrier: refers to a provider that is designated by the Indiana utility regulatory commission as an eligible telecommunications carrier for purposes of receiving Lifeline reimbursement from the universal service fund through the administrator designated by the Federal Communications Commission. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-8.7
- exchange access facility: means the access from a particular service user's premises to a telephone system. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-10
- executive director: refers to the executive director of the board. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-11
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- fund: refers to the statewide 911 fund established by section 29 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-12
- interconnected VOIP service: has the meaning set forth in 47 CFR 9. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-13
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- local exchange carrier: has the meaning set forth in 47 U. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-14
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- multiline telephone system: means a voice communications service system that includes the following:
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-15
- Personal property: includes goods, chattels, evidences of debt, and things in action. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- place of primary use: means the street address representative of where a customer's use of communications service primarily occurs, which must be:
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-16
- Population: has the meaning set forth in Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- prepaid user: has the meaning set forth in Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-17
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- proprietary information: includes the following:
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-18
- provider: means a person or entity, or an affiliate of a person or an entity, that:
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-19
- PSAP: refers to a public safety answering point:
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-20
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Sheriff: means the sheriff of the county or another person authorized to perform sheriff's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- user: refers to :
Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-21
- VOIP provider: means a provider that offers interconnected VOIP service to users in Indiana. See Indiana Code 36-8-16.7-23
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5