Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 8 > Article 2.1 > Chapter 27 - Transportation of Food
- acceptable temperature: means a temperature established in a rule or regulation adopted by the state department of health with respect to the storage and transportation of a particular food and enforced by the state department of health or a local health department. See Indiana Code 8-2.1-27-1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- health inspector: refers to an agent or employee of the state department of health or a local health department. See Indiana Code 8-2.1-27-2
- Highway: includes county bridges and state and county roads, unless otherwise expressly provided. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- law enforcement officer: means :
Indiana Code 8-2.1-27-3
- local health department: refers to a local health department established under IC 16-20 or the health and hospital corporation created under IC 16-22-8. See Indiana Code 8-2.1-27-4
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- motor vehicle for the transportation of food: means a motor vehicle that is:
Indiana Code 8-2.1-27-5