1. Notice of the provisions of this chapter shall be provided to all applicants for a business license in this state, to all law enforcement agencies, and to any business required to be registered with the office of the secretary of state.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 142D.6
- Business: means a sole proprietorship, partnership, joint venture, corporation, association, or other business entity, either for-profit or not-for-profit, including retail establishments where goods or services are sold; professional corporations and other entities where legal, medical, dental, engineering, architectural, or other professional services are delivered; and private clubs. See Iowa Code 142D.2
- Internet: means the federated international system that is composed of allied electronic communication networks linked by telecommunication channels, that uses standardized protocols, and that facilitates electronic communication services, including but not limited to use of the world wide web; the transmission of electronic mail or messages; the transfer of files and data or other electronic information; and the transmission of voice, image, and video. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Internet site: means a specific location on the internet that is determined by internet protocol numbers, by a domain name, or by both, including but not limited to domain names that use the designations ". See Iowa Code 4.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Place of employment: means an area under the control of an employer and includes all areas that an employee frequents during the course of employment or volunteering, including but not limited to work areas, private offices, conference and meeting rooms, classrooms, auditoriums, employee lounges and cafeterias, hallways, medical facilities, restrooms, elevators, stairways and stairwells, and vehicles owned, leased, or provided by the employer unless otherwise provided under this chapter. See Iowa Code 142D.2
- Public place: means an enclosed area to which the public is invited or in which the public is permitted, including common areas, and including but not limited to all of the following:a. See Iowa Code 142D.2
- Smoking: means inhaling, exhaling, burning, or carrying any lighted cigar, cigarette, pipe, or other tobacco product in any manner or in any form. See Iowa Code 142D.2
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.12. All employers subject to the prohibitions of this chapter shall communicate to all existing employees and to all prospective employees upon application for employment the smoking prohibitions prescribed in this chapter.3. The owner, operator, manager, or other person having custody or control of a public place, place of employment, area declared a nonsmoking place pursuant to section 142D.5, or outdoor area where smoking is prohibited under this chapter shall clearly and conspicuously post in and at every entrance to the public place, place of employment, area declared a nonsmoking place pursuant to section 142D.5, or outdoor area, “no smoking” signs or the international “no smoking” symbol. Additionally, a “no smoking” sign or the international “no smoking” symbol shall be placed in every vehicle that constitutes a public place, place of employment, or area declared a nonsmoking place pursuant to section 142D.5 under this chapter, visible from the exterior of the vehicle. All signs shall contain the telephone number for reporting complaints and the internet site of the department of public health. The owner, operator, manager, or other person having custody or control of the public place, place of employment, area declared a nonsmoking place pursuant to section 142D.5, or outdoor area may use the sample signs provided on the department of public health’s internet site, or may use another sign if the contents of the sign comply with the requirements of this subsection.