1. A chiropractor shall not use in the chiropractor’s practice the procedures otherwise authorized by law unless the chiropractor has received training in their use by a college of chiropractic offering courses of instructions approved by the board or by curriculum taught on a postgraduate level approved by the board.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 151.8
- board: means the board of chiropractic created under chapter 147. See Iowa Code 151.1A
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. Any chiropractor licensed as of July 1, 1974, may use the procedures authorized by law if the chiropractor files with the board an affidavit that the chiropractor has completed the necessary training and is fully qualified in these procedures and possesses that degree of proficiency and will exercise that care which is common to physicians in this state.
3. A chiropractor using the additional procedures and practices authorized by this chapter shall be held to the standard of care applicable to any other health care practitioner in this state.