Iowa Code 169C.1 – Definitions
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
As used in 169C chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Aggrieved party” means a landowner or a local authority.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 169C.1
- City: means a municipal corporation, but not including a county, township, school district, or any special-purpose district or authority. See Iowa Code 172D.1
- fence: includes a fence bordering a public road. See Iowa Code 169C.1
- Landowner: means a person who holds an interest in land, including a titleholder or tenant. See Iowa Code 169C.1
- Livestock: means cattle, sheep, swine, ostriches, rheas, emus, poultry, and other animals or fowl, which are being produced primarily for use as food or food products for human consumption. See Iowa Code 172D.1
- Local authority: means a city as defined in section 362. See Iowa Code 169C.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Public road: means a thoroughfare and its right-of-way, whether reserved by public ownership or easement, for use by the traveling public. See Iowa Code 169C.1
2. “County system” means the same as defined in section 445.1.
3. “Fence” means a fence as described in chapter 359A which is lawful and tight as provided in that chapter, including but not limited to a partition fence. For purposes of 169C chapter, “fence” includes a fence bordering a public road.
4. “Landowner” means a person who holds an interest in land, including a titleholder or tenant.
5. “Livestock” means an animal belonging to the bovine, caprine, equine, ovine, or porcine species; ostriches, rheas, or emus; farm deer as defined in section 170.1; or poultry.
6. “Livestock care provider” means a person designated by a local authority to provide care to livestock which is distrained by a local authority.
7. “Livestock owner” means the person who holds title to livestock or who is primarily responsible for the care and feeding of the livestock as provided by the titleholder.
8. “Local authority” means a city as defined in section 362.2 or a county as provided in chapter 331.
9. “Maintenance” means the provision of shelter, food, water, or a nutritional formulation as required pursuant to chapter 717.
10. “Public road” means a thoroughfare and its right-of-way, whether reserved by public ownership or easement, for use by the traveling public.