|§ 169C.3||Notice to livestock owner|
|§ 169C.5||Satisfaction for damages|
|§ 169C.6||Habitual trespass|
Terms Used In Iowa Code > Chapter 169C
- Aggrieved party: means a landowner or a local authority. See Iowa Code 169C.1
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- County system: means the same as defined in section 445. See Iowa Code 169C.1
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- fence: includes a fence bordering a public road. See Iowa Code 169C.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Landowner: means a person who holds an interest in land, including a titleholder or tenant. See Iowa Code 169C.1
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Livestock: means an animal belonging to the bovine, caprine, equine, ovine, or porcine species; ostriches, rheas, or emus; farm deer as defined in section 170. See Iowa Code 169C.1
- Livestock care provider: means a person designated by a local authority to provide care to livestock which is distrained by a local authority. See Iowa Code 169C.1
- Livestock owner: means the person who holds title to livestock or who is primarily responsible for the care and feeding of the livestock as provided by the titleholder. See Iowa Code 169C.1
- Local authority: means a city as defined in section 362. See Iowa Code 169C.1
- Maintenance: means the provision of shelter, food, water, or a nutritional formulation as required pursuant to chapter 717. See Iowa Code 169C.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- property: includes personal and real property. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Public road: means a thoroughfare and its right-of-way, whether reserved by public ownership or easement, for use by the traveling public. See Iowa Code 169C.1
- road: include public bridges, and may be held equivalent to the words "county way" "county road" "common road" and "state road". See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- United States: includes all the states. See Iowa Code 4.1
- week: means seven consecutive days. See Iowa Code 4.1