The following persons shall serve on the board as ex officio, nonvoting members:
1. The secretary or the secretary’s designee.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 185C.10
- Board: means the Iowa corn promotion board established by this chapter. See Iowa Code 185C.1
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- First purchaser: means a person, public or private corporation, governmental subdivision, association, cooperative, partnership, commercial buyer, dealer, or processor who purchases corn from a producer for the first time for any purpose except to feed it to the purchaser's livestock or to manufacture a product from the corn purchased for the purchaser's personal consumption. See Iowa Code 185C.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Secretary: means the secretary of agriculture. See Iowa Code 185C.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. The dean of the college of agriculture and life sciences of Iowa state university of science and technology or the dean’s designee.
3. Two representatives of first purchaser organizations appointed by the board.