1. Each application for the issuance of a license shall be in writing on a form prescribed by the department, subscribed and sworn to by the applicant or a duly authorized representative of the applicant. In addition to any other information required by rule of the department the application shall include all of the following:
a. The name of the person making the application, the names of all partners if the applicant is a partnership, and the names and titles of the principal officers or managers if the applicant is a legal entity including but not limited to a limited partnership, limited liability partnership, limited liability company, corporation, or cooperative association.
b. The principal office or place of business of the applicant.
c. A general description of each warehouse as to storage capacity, type of construction, mechanical equipment, if any, and condition.
d. The approximate location of each warehouse.
e. The type and quantity of agricultural product, or products intended to be stored in each warehouse.
f. A complete financial statement for use of the department in the administration of this chapter, as required by section 203C.6.
g. A tariff on a form to be prescribed by the department for storage, receiving, and loadout charges.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 203C.7
- Agricultural product: shall mean any product of agricultural activity suitable for storage in quantity, including refined or unrefined sugar and canned agricultural products and shall also mean any product intended for consumption in the production of other agricultural products, such as stock salt, binding twine, bran, cracked corn, soybean meal, commercial feeds, and cottonseed meal. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the department of agriculture and land stewardship. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- License: means a license issued under this chapter. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means the same as defined in section 4. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- Rule: includes "regulation". See Iowa Code 4.1
- Storage: means any grain or other agricultural products that have been received and have come under care, custody or control of a warehouse operator either for the depositor for which a contract of purchase has not been negotiated or for the warehouse operator operating the facility. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- Warehouse: shall mean any building, structure, or other protected enclosure in this state used or usable for the storage of agricultural products. See Iowa Code 203C.1
2. Each application for the renewal of a license shall be in writing and include information required by the department, including changes to information required in subsection 1.