Terms Used In Iowa Code 252C.8
- Administrator: means the administrator of the child support recovery unit of the department of human services, or the administrator's designee. See Iowa Code 252C.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- property: includes personal and real property. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Responsible person: means a parent, relative, guardian, or another person legally liable for the support of a child or a child's caretaker. See Iowa Code 252C.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Temporary restraining order: Prohibits a person from an action that is likely to cause irreparable harm. This differs from an injunction in that it may be granted immediately, without notice to the opposing party, and without a hearing. It is intended to last only until a hearing can be held.
If the administrator reasonably believes that the responsible person is not a resident of this state, is about to move from this state, or is concealing the responsible person‘s whereabouts, or that the responsible person has removed or is about to remove, secrete, waste, or otherwise dispose of property which could be made subject to collection procedures to satisfy the support debt, the administrator may petition the district court for a temporary restraining order barring the removal, secretion, waste, or disposal. However, if the responsible person furnishes a bond satisfactory to the court, the temporary restraining order shall be vacated.