|§ 45-19-101||Operating agreements for data match systems|
|§ 45-19-102||Immunity for provision of financial information|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 45 > Chapter 19
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Company: includes a bank, trust company, corporation, partnership, association, business or other trust, or similar business entity. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the department of financial institutions. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Deposit: means a deposit of money, bonds or other things of value, creating a debtor-creditor relationship. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Depository institution: means any company included for any purpose within any of the definitions of insured depository institution, as set forth in 12 U. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Good faith: means honesty in fact in the conduct or transaction concerned. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Person: means an individual, corporation, firm, trust, estate, partnership, joint venture, or association. See Tennessee Code 45-1-103
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in a perceivable form. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Representative: when applied to those who represent a decedent, includes executors and administrators, unless the context implies heirs and distributees. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
- written: includes printing, typewriting, engraving, lithography, and any other mode of representing words and letters. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105