Except for educational institutions; persons licensed as new vehicle dealers under chapter 322; persons engaged in a hobby not for profit; persons engaged in the business of purchasing bodies, parts of bodies, frames, or component parts of vehicles only for sale as scrap metal; insurance companies governed by chapter 515; county mutual insurance associations governed by chapter 518; state mutual insurance associations governed by chapter 518A; or persons licensed under the provisions of this chapter as authorized vehicle recyclers, a person in this state shall not engage in, or advertise as being engaged in, the business of any of the following:
1. Selling or offering for sale used bodies, parts of bodies, frames, or component parts of more than six used vehicles subject to registration in a twelve-month period.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 321H.3
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Person: includes any individual, firm, corporation, partnership, joint adventure, or association, and the plural as well as the singular number. See Iowa Code 321H.2
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Vehicle: means any vehicle as defined in chapter 321. See Iowa Code 321H.2
2. Dismantling, scrapping, recycling, or salvaging more than six vehicles subject to registration in a twelve-month period.
3. Rebuilding or restoring for sale more than six wrecked or salvage vehicles subject to registration in a twelve-month period.
4. Storing more than six vehicles not currently registered or storing damaged vehicles except where such storing of damaged vehicles is incidental to the primary purpose of the repair of vehicles for others.