The license of a person issued under the provisions of this chapter may be denied, revoked, or suspended, and an application for a license under this chapter may be denied, if the department finds any of the following:
1. The licensee has violated any provision of this chapter.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 321H.6
- Department: means the state department of transportation. See Iowa Code 321H.2
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Person: includes any individual, firm, corporation, partnership, joint adventure, or association, and the plural as well as the singular number. See Iowa Code 321H.2
- Selling: includes bartering, exchanging, or otherwise dealing in. See Iowa Code 321H.2
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Vehicle: means any vehicle as defined in chapter 321. See Iowa Code 321H.2
2. The licensee has made any material misrepresentation to the department in connection with an application for a license, junking certificate, salvage certificate, certificate of title, or registration of a vehicle.
3. The licensee has been convicted of a fraudulent practice or any indictable offense in connection with selling or other activity relating to vehicles, in this state or any other state, or has been convicted of three or more violations of section 321.92, subsection 2, or section 321.99.
4. The licensee has failed to maintain an established principal place of business in the county without notification to the department.
5. The licensee has had a license issued under the provisions of this chapter denied, suspended, or revoked within the previous three years.
6. The licensee has been determined in a final judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction to have violated section 714.16 in connection with selling or other activity relating to vehicles.