1. This chapter shall not apply to or interfere with the practice of any profession by or through any corporation hereafter organized under any other law of this state or any other state or country if such practice is lawful under any other statute or rule of law of this state.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 496C.22
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Rule: includes "regulation". See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
2. Any corporation subject to the provisions of the Iowa business corporation Act, chapter 490, may voluntarily elect to adopt this chapter and become subject to its provisions by amending its articles of incorporation to be consistent with all provisions of this chapter and by stating in its amended articles of incorporation that the corporation has voluntarily elected to adopt this chapter.