1. Notwithstanding any other statute or rule of law, a professional corporation may practice a profession, but may do so in this state only through shareholders, directors, officers, employees, and agents who are licensed to practice the same profession in this state.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 496C.7
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Rule: includes "regulation". See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
2. In its practice of a profession, no professional corporation shall do any act which could not lawfully be done by individuals licensed to practice the profession which the professional corporation is authorized to practice.
3. a. This section shall not prohibit persons practicing medicine and surgery, persons practicing osteopathic medicine and surgery, or persons practicing as physician assistants from practicing their respective professions in lawful combination pursuant to section 496C.4.