As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Alien society” means an association organized under the laws of another country.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 512B.2
2. “Benefit contract” means the agreement for provision of benefits authorized by section 512B.16, as that agreement is described in section 512B.19, subsection 1.
3. “Benefit member” means an adult member who is designated by the laws or rules of the society to be a benefit member under a benefit contract.
4. “Certificate” means the document issued as written evidence of the benefit contract.
5. “Commissioner” means the commissioner of insurance or the commissioner’s designee.
6. “Domestic society” means an association organized under the laws of this state.
7. “Foreign society” means an association organized under the laws of another state or territory of the United States.
8. “Laws” means the society’s articles of incorporation, constitution, and bylaws, however designated.
9. “Lodge” means a subordinate member unit of the society, whether known as a camp, court, council, branch, or by any other designation.
10. “Premium” means a premium, rate, dues, or other required contribution by whatever name known, which is payable under the certificate.
11. “Regulations” means all regulations, or resolutions adopted by the supreme governing body or board of directors which are intended to have general application to the members of the society.
12. “Society” means a fraternal benefit society, unless otherwise indicated.