Terms Used In Iowa Code 512B.30
- Alien society: means an association organized under the laws of another country. See Iowa Code 512B.2
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of insurance or the commissioner's designee. See Iowa Code 512B.2
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Lodge: means a subordinate member unit of the society, whether known as a camp, court, council, branch, or by any other designation. See Iowa Code 512B.2
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
A petition or complaint for injunction against a domestic, foreign, or alien society, or lodge shall not be recognized in a court of this state unless made by the attorney general upon request of the commissioner.