1. The board shall set the fees for examination, for a license as an architect, for renewal of a license, for reinstatement of a license, and for other activities of the board pertaining to its duties. The fee for examination shall be based on the annual cost of administering the examinations. The fee for a license and for renewal of a license shall be based upon the administrative costs of sustaining the board which shall include, but are not limited to, the costs for all of the following:
a. Per diem, expenses, and travel for board members.
b. Office facilities, supplies, and equipment.
c. Staff assistance.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 544A.11
- Architect: means a person qualified to engage in the practice of architecture who holds a current valid license under the laws of this state. See Iowa Code 544A.16
- Board: means the architectural examining board established in section 544A. See Iowa Code 544A.16
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- License: means the license issued to an architect by the board. See Iowa Code 544A.16
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. All fees shall be paid to the treasurer of state and deposited in the general fund of the state.