Terms Used In Iowa Code 544A.29
- Architect: means a person qualified to engage in the practice of architecture who holds a current valid license under the laws of this state. See Iowa Code 544A.16
- Board: means the architectural examining board established in section 544A. See Iowa Code 544A.16
- License: means the license issued to an architect by the board. See Iowa Code 544A.16
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Rule: includes "regulation". See Iowa Code 4.1
The board may adopt rules consistent with this chapter for the administration and enforcement of this chapter and may prescribe forms to be issued. The rules may include, but are not limited to, standards and criteria for licensure, license renewal, professional conduct, misconduct, and discipline. Violation of a rule of conduct is grounds for disciplinary action or reprimand or probation at the discretion of the board. The board may enter into a consent order with an architect which acknowledges an architect’s violation and agreement to refrain from any further violation. A willful or repeated violation of a rule of conduct is grounds for disciplinary action as provided in section 544A.13.